Foundation is crucial in the construction of a building and it determines if the building will last or not. Emotions and mind-set are your solid foundation of becoming a lasting fashionista. Looking good and staying happy are the pivotal goal for our daily activities.
- 1 Personality: This is a self-awareness of identifying who we are and what our lives are made up with. The criteria of recognising your personality involves a reflection, strength of character and intelligence. ‘Fashion is about you’ as stated in my first blog/article FASHION IS… Ensure you know and develop yourself in what you are good at, seriously, it sprout out to your appearance. For instance, an artist and creative person can conceptualise a look to become an acceptable aesthetic effortless image. How do we have style icons? It is a process of self-discovery and expression. Your life is unique
- 2Change your Perspective: Fashion industry is as complex as any other industries like Oil and Gas, Food, Information technology,and so on. It has diversified departments – product life cycle, stage development, business operations and market activities – to help the brand survive. Critics help designers reach their target audiences by trendsetting and forecasting while designers brings out their savvy talent by translating an imagination to reality, creating provocative to minimalism styles and images, advertise all to attract its segmentation and niches.At this junction, you as the consumer should know that these fashion brands are actually working so hard to meet and satisfy your need in other to patronize and remain loyal to them.
- 3Be humble and teachable: As fashion evolves, revolutionize and become more innovative. Learn how to adapt to changes best suited to your personality, explore from the vintage, contemporary and modern pieces of collections (subscribe to my blog for more tips).
No one knows it all, get inspirations because knowledge is power, it takes humility to acquire knowledge.
- 4Be Experimental: one thing I understand about fashion is being able to attract someone through your look (No! No!! No!!! not distract). Mix and match fabrics and textiles, patterns and shapes, understand the social, cultural and weather influences of your location (consider and respect the religious point of view and places too). Let it suit your style, you know what I mean, please never wear a snow boot in Nigeria because your style icon wore it in Moscow nor wear an high waisted ripped short denim in Vatican city or Mecca.
Anna wintour says in September issue that fashion is not beautiful neither is it ugly why should it be either?,fashion is fashion. Dont be afraid to express your feelings.
- 5Develop Self Confidence: Self-confident people have qualities that majority of us admire. They do what they believe is morally right, they are proud of the democratised, tailor made clothes they wore and never go extreme to buy what they cannot afford. They learn from blogs like mine, admit to mistakes and adjust for corrections, they believe in themselves, as a fashionist you should know what you want at the appropriate time. Never be a fashion victim.
- 6Grooming: This is the coordination, arrangement and well detailed of your entire look including your clothings and accessories. It involves impeccable nails and fingers, hair neatness, make up is virtually simple and well applied, I can go on and on, the secret here is to make it neat and in good condition.
- 7Keep it Simple: Simplicity is the complex way to elegance. An elegant woman visually teaches other women how to look good through how she coordinated herself.
- 8Stay healthy and happy: Eating balance diet, keeping fit results to great body. Body involves different functional parts, it is a channel used to interpret who you are through the clothes and accessories you put.
- 9Contentment: It is impossible to have it all, be satisfied with what you have.Spend smartly and wisely.
Thank you for your time.